BUILD OFF 4 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man im so stoked on this build!The bikes that are already lining up is a sick line up!We have alot to look forward to on this one,with a good mix.Im debating between 2 of my bikes.Im gonna go look at them and make a decision and post up.Lets get more bikes up there!!!!

Q & A FRAMES?

Hey guys...lookin forward to finishin' ma build...I know I can'T alter the frame...but CAN I MAKE DIFFERENT FORKS...AND WELD TO MY FRAME?

THANKS!

I'VE been a rule breaker since I popped out & I'm just tryin' not to piss anyone off these days.

Up to no good!

3. Must use factory frame....no altering of original frame structure
(grinding off fender tabs and cutting seat tube height is okay, just no major frame design changes).

7. Use any parts you like....mo rat = mo bettah!

8. Parts can be attached any way you wish (includes welding).

Hey guys I'm really looking foward to this build. What I thought I would ask if it would be ok for me to enter a bike that would be built by myself and a couple of the students in our bike program. These are kids from 10 to 17 years old. I will finance the build (low buck),they would help build,then take it to local events to help promote our program. Thanks, Don.

skyrider said:
Hey guys I'm really looking foward to this build. What I thought I would ask if it would be ok for me to enter a bike that would be built by myself and a couple of the students in our bike program. These are kids from 10 to 17 years old. I will finance the build (low buck),they would help build,then take it to local events to help promote our program. Thanks, Don.

That would be totally fine. :wink:

ITS ok to have 2 bikes building at the same time ,but can only enter 1 is that right

so if i got 2 going do i post up 2 progress topics ,i wont to start 2 as one might not get finished in time

also it has to be painted by owner,is it ok if mate is a powdercoater to do the frame

thanks guys this will be my first one

Hey guys im only 15 and this will be the first build im going to try, i got a schiwnn mini scrambler

RATAFIED said:
also it has to be painted by owner,is it ok if mate is a powdercoater to do the frame
...I think the paint rule is to keep out "professional paint jobs"

I'm entering something for sure. I have to get another build done, the military bike buildoff at Freakbikenation, and the tandem for me and the wife, before getting started on this one. I might use the dahon bike I got yesterday, I noticed another folder in the buildoff already. Looking forward to it.

now i know we cant do frame mods, but what about using a schwinn town n country(womens framed trike)and putting a mens frame on it?! the OG frame was junk when i bought it. would that be considered messing with the original shape of the bike?

Easy E

elvis51 said:
now i know we cant do frame mods, but what about using a schwinn town n country(womens framed trike)and putting a mens frame on it?! the OG frame was junk when i bought it. would that be considered messing with the original shape of the bike?

Easy E

I think you are fine.

Howdy folks! this is not only my first build it is my first post! I have been poking around here for a few weeks and began work (silently) on what I believe is a '48 Montgomery Ward Hawthorne Special. I have brushed off the flat grey primer (and original bronze paint) and gotten down to the raw. Needless to say I have completely disassembled the bike, such as I found it... which leads me to my question: can I still participate? I will not be able to provide pictures from the very beginning. I can buy a camera in the coming week or two and start the documentation from my pile of parts. If so, I'll dub her "The Claymore". Also, I will be out of town for the next 10 days and won't be able start in earnest until after then. Talk about suspended excitement!!!

Latest posts

Back