build off ideas?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got to page 35 that thread is soooo funny and most of the pics i have never seen before this needs to be a sticky

Thanks for the reminder!
I've spend days last year looking at all the posts and then some trying to get that grin off my face. Funny stuff!
:)
But the thing that surprised me the most is the amount of smallminded people talk sht about another guys pride and joy... Sometimes I really don't get it. True, there are some hideiously funny 'bikes' on that thread, but I also see a lot of beautiful engineering and imaginative 'ideas' come to life.

But than again... It IS a 'traditionalist'-forum. I'm just sooooo glad RRBikers on our forum don't take themselves too seriously as some of the hardcore-oldschoolers do on the Jockey Journal. :)

But I do looking at all those bikes those hardcore oldschoolbikers are building though...

personally im a bit of a traditionalist :shock:
BUT.....i can respect alot of the effort and work(id even go as far as to say craftsmanship) on some of those....just not my bag(although i wouldnt start slagging someone for building what they like...id just look and keep walking)....as long as theyre building something thats all that matters...
i just though there was some funny stuff in it(besides if you cant take criticism or laugh at yourself....lifes gonna be REALLY rough :wink: )

sensor said:
personally im a bit of a traditionalist :shock: ...

In a way we (on rrb) all are. Me too :shock: , and I love traditional choppers/hotrods more than anything. But I also love well executed creative hi-tech engineering. It's just that every now and then somebody's pretty decent (in my eyes almost traditional) bike gets bashed into the ground for having the 'wrong' handle bars, or wrong back tire, or mix of styles, or... I feel like a lot of people on that thread wants the world to know HOW MUCH of a traditionalist he is by putting down the other (who for instance maybe hasn't got the money to be a traditionalist...).

What I want to say is that quite a few pics of bikes and the criticism just don't belong on that thread. But luckilly MOST of them do. Really. I almost laughed myself a hernia when I discovered that thread. And now again, so thanks for putting the link up! :D

Latest posts

Back