Build Off Musicians lounge

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Been noticing some folks discussing their musical outlets and thought it would fun to have a thread dedicated to just that.

Feel free to discuss your interest in playing music, writing music, collecting instruments, building instruments, etc. No tie-ins to your bike is necessary (all though you can if want to).

I'm not in the build off this year but I'll start it off with a picture of one of several bands that I play drums with.

This was taken a couple of years ago in the infield at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham Alabama.
barber gig.jpg

Been noticing some folks discussing their musical outlets and thought it would fun to have a thread dedicated to just that.

Feel free to discuss your interest in playing music, writing music, collecting instruments, building instruments, etc. No tie-ins to your bike is necessary (all though you can if want to).
I was wondering if there was a Build Off Music thread going yet or not. I was actually thinking of starting one myself, but it's nice to see that I wasn't the only one who had that idea.

Our 3 piece classic and mellow rock trio, HIGHWOOD, is gaining speed on our 4th summer together. We have a bunch of gigs scheduled, starting this Thursday at our local American Legion at a "Schools out for the Summer" transportation staff party.

One of our favorite venues is car shows. We love the outdoor stages, and the crowd is always ready for a good time. The dozens of cool cars doesn't hurt either.

A couple clips the band from last year. Of course, headphones or good speakers are necessary for the best dynamic sound.

Last edited:
Our 3 piece classic and mellow rock trio, HIGHWOOD, is gaining speed on our 4th summer together. We have a bunch of gigs scheduled, starting this Thursday at our local American Legion at a "Schools out for the Summer" transportation staff party.

One of our favorite venues is car shows. We love the outdoor stages, and the crowd is always ready for a good time. The dozens of cool cars doesn't hurt either.

A couple clips the band from last year.

The little town in Wisconsin I grew up in has a subdivision on the lake called Highwood

Great stuff y'all!

My favorite music to play is jazz but I'm not sure if I can find any videos. I think there are some clips out there somewhere. LOL I'll look for something.

For now, here's a short video that I saved years ago playing in New York with Junior Mack sitting in. If you're not familiar with him, google it. He's a phenomenal guitarist and singer.

A couple clips the band from last year. Of course, headphones or good speakers are necessary for the best dynamic sound.

Really loved Green Eyed Lady. Great job with the three piece. Really makes ya keep stuff tight.

Great stuff y'all!

My favorite music to play is jazz but I'm not sure if I can find any videos. I think there are some clips out there somewhere. LOL I'll look for something.

Here's a short video that I saved years ago playing in New York with Junior Mack sitting in. If you're not familiar with him, google it. He's a phenomenal guitarist and singer.

Very cool gig. Great to see the musical talent here.

Here's a full hour of our 'acoustic' version of our tunes. If the patio looks familiar at all, it's just about 60' from the BACK40 ......
Our 'answer' to the pandemic and social distancing in August of 2020.

What I'm trying to do influences my music choice. A lot of times I'll turn on Pandora. If I'm trying to puzzle out a problem, my go to is Lindsay Stirling's channel with lots of quasi neo classical influences, or if I'm feeling like electronic music I'll tune into Subterranean on Mixcloud. If I'm doing physical work, it's mostly metal and rock. Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Dorothy and alternative music.

Latest posts

Back