Build-Off "Parts Needed"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had lagged on keeping up with the Build-Off threads for a few weeks and saw where some entrants expressed a need for parts to complete their builds. Some had gone ahead and ordered or bid on parts already on items some of us may have had lingering in our parts stashes that we could have saved them time, money and hassle in acquiring. That said, this thread could make it easier for those seeking parts for their Build-Off bikes by giving those who may have the parts a quicker way to offer assistance. This is for current Build-Off bikes only and we can rely on the Honor System to keep things on the up and up.

Suddenly I have the urge to start an off road build.

ALL THE PARTS ARE BELONG TO US!!
You are welcome to come over and raid my stash of off-road. There's probably at least 6-7 complete bikes worth of parts. Swing on down, all you can carry 😂

Gimme a minute to aim...
coyote-roadrunner-coyote-as-arrow.png

I had lagged on keeping up with the Build-Off threads for a few weeks and saw where some entrants expressed a need for parts to complete their builds. Some had gone ahead and ordered or bid on parts already on items some of us may have had lingering in our parts stashes that we could have saved them time, money and hassle in acquiring. That said, this thread could make it easier for those seeking parts for their Build-Off bikes by giving those who may have the parts a quicker way to offer assistance. This is for current Build-Off bikes only and we can rely on the Honor System to keep things on the up and up.
I could really use some carbon 30mm Spank rims in 27.5

Can you look around? 😉😂

I'm struggling to find a suitable seat for my '56 Racer, I was going to order a Brooks B66 copy off of alibaba, but I just can't get over the feeling it will be a POS that I'm not at all happy with.

So what I'm trying to find is something along the lines of this. I'd buy new if i could find one but all the new seats are molded and look way too new if ya know what I mean. So who sells something that looks at least remotely vintage and doesn't cost $180?
Seat.jpg

It'll be going on this. The frame on the original is bent, and the foam is more like rock now, but if push comes to shove I'll beat it back into shape and use it until something more suitable presents itself.
Racer_6523.JPG

I'm also going to need a small round reflector too. About 40mm dia IIRC? It'll go on the rear fender. I haven't even looked for one of those yet...

I'm struggling to find a suitable seat for my '56 Racer, I was going to order a Brooks B66 copy off of alibaba, but I just can't get over the feeling it will be a POS that I'm not at all happy with.

So what I'm trying to find is something along the lines of this. I'd buy new if i could find one but all the new seats are molded and look way too new if ya know what I mean. So who sells something that looks at least remotely vintage and doesn't cost $180?
View attachment 215672

It'll be going on this. The frame on the original is bent, and the foam is more like rock now, but if push comes to shove I'll beat it back into shape and use it until something more suitable presents itself.
Racer_6523.JPG

I'm also going to need a small round reflector too. About 40mm dia IIRC? It'll go on the rear fender. I haven't even looked for one of those yet...
I have a bunch of those lying around I can look into shipping for you but I'm Canadian so it could get expensive.

View attachment 215672

Racer_6523.JPG

I don’t think I have a seat worth sending, or at all after some unauthorized garage “cleaning “ but I have a box with reflectors and such so I will look for that this weekend.

I have some 80's road bike parts that I would donate, just pay postage.
Nitto drops, Shimano Deore crankset (square taper) Shimano Exage LX 300 rear (6-8 sp) front (3 sp) with strapped down-tube shifters (polished and lubed). Dia-compe brakes, etc. Gold anodized road wheels with new tires and free hub. Old Look-Shimano road pedals.
Various saddles, stems and seatposts. Even a Fuji Attitude frame and fork.
Ask, I might have what you need.

Link to a few photos.

I have some 80's road bike parts that I would donate, just pay postage.
Nitto drops, Shimano Deore crankset (square taper) Shimano Exage LX 300 rear (6-8 sp) front (3 sp) with strapped down-tube shifters (polished and lubed). Dia-compe brakes, etc. Gold anodized road wheels with new tires and free hub. Old Look-Shimano road pedals.
Various saddles, stems and seatposts. Even a Fuji Attitude frame and fork.
Ask, I might have what you need.

Link to a few photos.
So much goodness in there

I'd use those wheels in a heartbeat if I was doing a skinny build right now. Ugh.......

I knew this was going to happen lol that deore crankset :inlove: but,
A: not for a build off bike*
2: the danged shipping will cost more than it's worth.
III: (*) I could conceivably try to do another one, but it's definitely not a muscle, 1.75 tires, so it's not skinny, and it's intended use is on road, so there's no category for the mess I wouldn't be able to finish

any one need crusty springer parts?
DSC02794.JPG

I also have a lot of New Old Stock Fix gear parts, bars and other parts. my local bike shop gave me. when they stop carrying/stocking fix gear bike parts. + some fix gear frames that need love and new homes. as I am not in the mode to build them up.

Latest posts

Back