building COOL Bikes since 1965!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Fellow Rat-Rodders....

I've been posting here off and on for quite a while... and it just now dawned on me that I never posted an INTRO. Soooo... HI, I'm Tornado Dave. I adopted that name because i ride a 1959 Schwinn Tornado.... among other bikes. I THOUGHT I had a few pics posted of it, but they might have been on the Schwinn Forum. Hhhmmmmm I don't remember.

(However, I'm not ON the Schwinn Forum anymore. They tossed me out for lamenting that Pacific Cycles uses the name "Schwinn" nowadays for the lowest end of chino-crap bikes..... something that would cause old Ignaz to roll over in his grave! )

Anyway.... I've been building and riding custom bikes since KRATES were the IN thing. I guess I've built a few hundred custom bikes, ranging from Cruisers to Fancy Road Bikes, to HPV's, to Urban Messenger Bikes. Thinking about it, I can't think of a time when I didn't have a cool ride under construction! My FAVORITE bikes have got to be those WORKS OF ART that we all now call "Rat-Rod" bikes.

Whether or not you guys realize it, you are setting the COOL Standard for Custom Bikes world-wide....

Welcome officially! Good to have members of your experience to teach us newbies.

Welcome.

:D Welcome :D L8 EM

good for ya sticking up for schwinn or at least the old bikes that is. yea my shop sells the new schwinn cruisers but i am really quick to tell them that these do not ride like the originals however they are much cheaper and make good base bikes to make kustoms with.

Back