Burger Battle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i went out with some of the folks in work to watch a burger eating competition. 'Big Head' Ed (the bearded guy) took on Pete, the college summer help. We went to 'Sliders Bar and Grille' home of the hall of fame burger.
From the WTNH channel 8 web site:

Are you hungry? Then head to any one of Sliders Grill & Bar three Connecticut locations and try the Hall of Famer.
The Hall of Famer is four pounds of Angus beef patties with bacon, chili, pulled pork, onion rings, three types of cheeses, lettuce, tomato, onions and pickles between two bakery buns.

If you can eat the entire plate you will get your picture on our wall and be inducted into the Sliders Hall of Fame.

You also have to finish the plate full of french fries all within 45 minutes.

banner_burger.jpg

Background:

'Big Head' Ed is a fork lift and fleet mechanic where I work. He also raises beef cattle, rides Harleys and has a very large head. Ed was reluctant to participate.

'Co-op' Pete is a college student working with us for the summer. He put's labels on machines and makes copies of blueprints. Pete talked 'smack' in the weeks leading up to the event.

Pete took an early lead but soon they were neck and neck.

ed1.jpg

Ed with a slow and steady pace soon took the lead and finished in 31 minutes,while Pete trudged on. Upon finishing Ed said "That was a good snack" and chugged a beer.

ed2.jpg

Ed victoriously wears the skewers in his beard. Pete never did finish.

ed3.jpg

Here's a video of the burger.

http://www.wtnh.com/generic/ct_style/sl ... _bar_grill

Now thats funny!

Congrats to Big Head Ed! Guess Pete is eatin crow now......

joe

The next day Ed said "chugging that beer was the stupidest thing I ever did". Nearly hurled. I told Pete to stick to 'Happy Meals'.

Latest posts

Back