Burp...east texas howdy....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really cool site!! Man, glad I ran across this...judging by the jeers and yelps I get, I'm alone on my rusty rides in my town...typing this while I'm elbow deep in about 20 lbs. of oil and rust trying to beat the dirt off an old "Belknap" that I dug up a few weeks ago (it was nailed to some farmers fence, and I picked it up for 10 bucks!). I've been restoring, chopping and building bike monsters for at least 30 years now, and out here in the middle of double-doolie-extended-king-cab gas burning Panzers, my rats look out of place peddling down the road. I just finished two old Schwinns (one of 'em I chopped and raked out...anybody wanna buy a chopper?) with classic rattle jobs for the paintjob, and I'm thinking this dude has got to stay rusty as crud. I'll put some pictures up here pretty quick of a few of my scores and rebuilds. There's nothing like bringing life back to a great old bike that was previously laying in the field; a glorified spiders nest, and hornet holler!

Anyhow, hello to everyone out there..look forward to making some new pals....back to my "Germs" album and my WD-40...!

Welcome fellow Texan. Or Howdy Partner.

Thanks everyone for the warm responses and welcomes! Just got about 400 tons of grime, wasp crud and spiderwebs out of the crank housing on the latest rat. She's all ready but the chain and the graphic I want to slap on the rear fender...I'll have to get some pics up for some feedback...tomorrow is the test drive! :shock:

Actually I've done up about 6 rides in the last year. I started a blog to show progress and what I've done so far, but I'm having to backtrack. Right now there isn't much posted, but tomorrow I'm hoping to add a whole buncha pics and stuff. Check it out:
http://ronsratbikes.blogspot.com/

Latest posts

Back