BUY IT NOW

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Okay, this was my first attempt at selling a bike (78 Scrambler) on Ebay with the only option to purchase as "BUY IT NOW."

I had 26 people watching the bike (probably mostly forum members) and after 5 days of it sitting there I decided to list it on the BMX Museum.

Two hours later someone on the Museum calls dibs and pays me via PayPal immediately...WOO HOO! :D

I then cancel my Ebay auction since the bike is no longer available. So far I've received two messages via Ebay from Ebay members asking me what happened to the bike and did I sell it.

My thought is....WHY THE HECK DIDN"T YOU HIT THE BUY IT NOW BUTTON FOR THE PAST FIVE DAYS THAT IT'S BEEN SITTING THERE!!!! :x

Whew...okay, deeep breath. :?

The only thing I can think is that these folks were waiting for pay day or something before they bid.

Not real crazy about the Buy it Now option.

PROCRASTINATION! I should've, I could've, and finally........I wished I did.

Then they watch something else for 6 days, and say the same thing.

Typical, you advertise something for sale, wait days with no response, someone finally buys it, and then the flood of calls come in for it.

I've had times where I could have sold 4-5 more of 'em after the sale. :D

Buy It Now works well on items with a known value, especially if your price is just under the known value. People think they are getting a deal. It would work on Tuf-Necks, Araya 7X and other nice but not mint BMX items.

I wish they didn't force you to set a price that the item will automatically sell for in the "Best Offer" option.

Would be nice if you could just receive the offers and then decide which one you want to take...if any of them.

Rat Rod said:
I wish they didn't force you to set a price that the item will automatically sell for in the "Best Offer" option.

Would be nice if you could just receive the offers and then decide which one you want to take...if any of them.
they do? they didnt used to it was an option to set the price last time I did it

Rat Rod said:

I noticed this myself,

I never actually offered something, i didnt know how it worked. I asked someone about it, and they explained it to me. It would be best to "Hear" offers you get, instead of just selling it for something you might get, lower than your asking price.

Latest posts

Back