Calculating rake and the importance of it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much do you calculate or give thought to it?
What is the best trail in your opinion for a low cruising bike?
1684778860842.png

Great question I've never measured the rake on my builds, just look at it many times, adjust before welding etc, if it feels good in mock assemblies then ill run with whatever rake.

Yes, ive made one bike that was way too steep, dangerously quick turning,
To me in general on a cruiser bike a longer rake is the go because its just cruising speeds and not fast dynamic stuff, so a slow turning rake with a tiny bit of effort when riding slow suits fine,

I put a lot of research into rake and trail for my build off bike. 48° of rake with 4" of trail should do quite nicely. Should still be pretty maneuverable with little tire flop and a good return to center
IMG_20230529_150300363.jpg

I put a lot of research into rake and trail for my build off bike. 48° of rake with 4" of trail should do quite nicely. Should still be pretty maneuverable with little tire flop and a good return to centerView attachment 234593
I´m having a problem with mine. I know that I went the wrong way, looks first and then started to think about steering.
Example pic (not mine). How do you makesuch design rideable??
1685981601529.png

Or this?
1685981685535.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back