Cali Newbie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there, newbie to the site. I've been building and or preserving vintage BMX bikes for the last 5 years or so. Just recently we bought our first RV, 1991 Winnrbago, and decided I needed two cruisers for the campground. Luckily I had two in the garage, a 1959 Schwinn Tornado that I restored for my wife 16 years ago for Christmas, and a 1980 Schwinn Cruiser my father n law bought brand new. The Tornado: pulled it off the storage hook where's its hung for ever, originally it had kind of a hot rod look, but I wanted to strip it down more strandie style, so the bobbed fenders and chain guard came off, and it got a good detail. I've since put Cheng Shin studded black wall tires on it, and still need to change a few things. The 1980 Cruiser: I find this sitting outside st my in laws, probably outside for 20 years! I took the bike apart and had to replace all bearings and cups. Did an OA bath on chrome, used bars, grips, stem, tires, sprocket, chain, pedals and seat from parts stash, the range forks were on it and held up really good over the years. Already purchased next project-Super clean Schwinn Heavy Duty Cruiser. Looking for ideas on this one.

Last edited:
IMG_2673.JPG
IMG_2674.JPG
IMG_2728.PNG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back