Can i put this trike backend on stretch cruiser frame?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, just so you all know. I am really new to this and anybody willing to advise me should be aware i might not understand the advice being given and i might need it dumbed down a little for me until i learn the ropes.

So i bought a stretched cruiser and a trike for my wife and i got a nice little custom job that i love. unfortunately that love has grown to an obsession because now i have 7 bikes parked in the middle of our little work/live loft and i fear my wife is plotting on my slow torture everytime she sees the bikes. so the plan is to consolidate her stretched cruiser with her trike and sell my extra bikes that i dont use except to wonder how i should take them apart. hopefully this is possible without to much frustration. but even if it is i still want to give it a go.

ideally i would like it to look kind of like these. if im in dreamland then i would settle with just getting the trike backend onto the cruiser.

thanks for any help or links in advance.

pics of trike i want to cannibalize.
DSCF1258.jpg

DSCF1260.jpg

DSCF1261.jpg

DSCF1261.jpg

DSCF1259.jpg

the goal (hope) is to get it kind of like this one....which is what inspired this attempt.
awesometrike4.jpg

is the shifter hard to do also? love that thing.
then if i am successful with that i would like to make one for me kind of like this one.

verycooltrike.jpg

here is my girl angry again ... :-/ haha.....doubt thats gonna help.....please dont let her kill me people.... ;-)

DSCF0079.jpg

as u walk thru my door.....the awesomeness or the nightmare (depending on who u here it from) is smack in the middle of our small place and it is slowly growing.....

DSCF0083.jpg

if you guys need more pics just let me know.

thanks for looking.

btw....i am kidding about my wife.....i told her to pose angry for the shot....haha....but i know the whole thing is wearing thin for her....and i would like to gve her her dining room back.

thanks again guys.

shoot....forgot to post the frame i was thinkin of using.

this one is an American Flyer stretched

DSCF0059.jpg

Also had a question about this one.....is there a way to make this one ridable with the springer forks that are on them? i kinda like them....if not.....thats fine then....26" tires on front and back......originally it had 24" back tire with 26" front. i hate it being a pedal scraper.

DSCF1251-1.jpg

You should be able to make (or have made) brackets that bolt to the trike rear section and then to the dropouts (that's the slotted plates that your wheel bolts to). Probably the simplest form would have a bolt through the dropout, and extend forward to the chainstays (lower tail section tubes), with tabs bent around to keep it from rotating up and down. If necessary, you could make a pattern to copy out of card board or some other easy to work material to copy from. As for the "scraper", you could get a really long bolt for the springer, along with a spacer made from tubing or a much longer spring (the stiffer the better). A different fork would be better, in my opinion.

The rearend on the orange bike looks really wide. Not to mention the dropouts look alot beefier to handle that rearend then say the stretched cruiser's dropouts unless you can weld on some new dropouts. You can get bolt on trike rearends but that looks alot more specific to that frame.

Latest posts

Back