Can i?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks!
I have a question. I know usually i am not supposed to start a build before entering the build off.
But there is this one i have not really done much for, just decided with the idea and got some parts for. Taking it to class 2 can be an extra motivation for me to finish it sooner :)
Can i enter with this bike or not?

You should probably at least post a pic so people would have a better idea of what you're talking about.
But I've seen at least an entry or two that were complete bikes that just needed some spit-n-polish.

Someone is entering a frame that had already built and thrown parts on. Essentially a built bike already. The spirit is that you start a build on day one. But the reality is that projects can be very long processes. If you are continuing a pre-existing build that is underway, I would say that isn’t in the spirit. However, if you are taking an unfinished project and changing the direction... essentially starting over, that would align with the spirit. I’m not a moderator, so I’m only expressing an opinion. @LukeTheJoker would make the call. I would encourage you to contact him directly to discuss the specifics. As long as he’s good, then I speak for the rest of the gang that we would welcome all authorizes entries! I hope it works out!

You should probably at least post a pic so people would have a better idea of what you're talking about.
But I've seen at least an entry or two that were complete bikes that just needed some spit-n-polish.
There are more pictures in the thread i put the link for. Here it is in case it was harder to notice then i thought: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/project-oldboy.107478/
I basically have the frame with break bosses welded on, a wheel-set and a bunch of parts.
yal4wkg4

Someone is entering a frame that had already built and thrown parts on. Essentially a built bike already. The spirit is that you start a build on day one. But the reality is that projects can be very long processes. If you are continuing a pre-existing build that is underway, I would say that isn’t in the spirit. However, if you are taking an unfinished project and changing the direction... essentially starting over, that would align with the spirit. I’m not a moderator, so I’m only expressing an opinion. @LukeTheJoker would make the call. I would encourage you to contact him directly to discuss the specifics. As long as he’s good, then I speak for the rest of the gang that we would welcome all authorizes entries! I hope it works out!
I feel how you mean it. And actually i agree, maybe i shouldn't enter with this bike in that case. I have a Phat lil chopper frame that is designed for 20" wheels too. Maybe it would make more sense to quickly build that one up for a WBBO after i finish this bike.

Best way is to call the admins :)

Last edited:
Maybe you could work 2 at the same time? I’m building 5 projects at once. But I’m an idiot.
I am building 4 now, and 2 or 3 more are at the "few last little things" stage. Oh, almost forgot, there are like 2 more built for others :D
Mentioned above it the one i have started the earliest of all of them, so i just want to finally finish it :) I really want to learn how to work on less projects at same time, but i guess i am on the same page as you now :)

I think it hasn't begun to be built, so I'd give it a thumbs up. Here's my way of looking at it:

1. Have idea.
2. Collect parts.
3. Begin build.

1 and 2 may be interchanged, but the build isn't officially started until step 3. So, you just had the idea and got some parts together. Building hasn't started yet.

Latest posts

Back