Can you believe it... New guy from Serbia

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, Hello from a noob.

First let me just say that you blow me away with your creativity, craftmanship and the designs you create for your bikes.

I stumbeled here a couple of months ago by accedent while researching the Electra Str8 8 that showed up in a LBS in my home town. The first cruiser I laid eyes on (still drooling over it when I pass by). Needless to say I got hocked and when I saw what you guys are doing I got the desease. Been here ever since every day admiring your work, serching, researching and falling in love with this stuff. Got some crazy ideas about doing some work myself if I manage to make some room for it.

Sadlly all of the bikes here in Serbia are diamond frames (jelaous of you having so many cantilever frames just laying around) and I got the idea of replicating some diamond frame projects I saw here.

And maybe its sacrilegious, but since i dont have any cantilever frames here I am also thinking of modifying some ladies bikes into cantilever bikes (Sapaceliner and Schwinn cruiser look alikes). So to all of you good people i have a question: Do you think that is possible? And if it is, are there any such projects and do you have any advice and most of all can you help with providing some specks?

Thanks and Keep up the great work and again Hi There!!! :D

Welcome... my Straight 8 was the bike that got me here also. I bought it cheap/ used, then started doing a little research. A couple Schwinns and a Road Master later here I am!

Thenks for the reply guys.

As far as specks go I realy like the look of the '65 Schwinn Panther that imrick is working on here viewtopic.php?f=54&t=35377&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

and I like the look of the Spaceliner that MplsCoaster did for the buildoff here viewtopic.php?f=60&t=43403&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=hot+rod+liner

I guess I need overall dimentions of these frames, diameters of the cantilever tubes, how far from the BB they touch the seat tube and how far from the head tube they touch the down tube. I guess i will have to aproximate the curve of the catilever tubes from the rear dropouts to the downtube.

I am currently looking for ladies bikes to modify, but its almost imposible to find frames with that nice curved downtube here. Still looking and gathering info.

Thanks for any reply.

Latest posts

Back