Can you help date and value?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's a Wards Hawthorne. I haven't idea the year. My ex bought it just like it is, and ever finished fixing it up. Is it worth anything?

Thanks in advance'
Christie

d9b7979e595f589d298dc097c53f6640.jpg
[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry for all those post it took me a minute to figure out how to get the pictures on there

Greetings, you will notice a edit and delete button below your posts. :D Cool bike, looks like a cwc built post war bike to me. Swapped out pedals, rims and chain ring I think. It'll be a nice riding bike :) Value? I wouldn't think more than $300.

300 as is? Thank you so much for responding and it is a really cool bike but I just don't want to have it anymore because it doesn't have really cool memories. Lol. Bad love to be able to figure out how to sell it for $300 and then I can get another one

More thing is there anyway to tell the year? I've tried on my own multiple times and it's just like I can't quite get it figured out so if I were to sell it I just like I would need to know the year

It's looks a Rollfast 24" bike. I'm going by the dropouts for the ID. The head badge might be a Hawthorne, hard to tell from the pic, that's the Montgomery Wards dept. store brand of Snyder made bikes, who made Rollfast. I'd guess it's a 1950's bike.

Thank you for commenting it does say Hawthorne in there and I can't find the serial number seems like I've seen it before but I can't remember where it was it seems like somebody might've told me it was the 1940s but they were probably wrong

Post WW2 Snyder. I'm not sure what year they switched to the forward facing dropouts. Drop outs combined with 1/2" chain on a dogleg crank may indicate a transitional year, or it could be a "Frankenbike". It could be a late '40s bike.

It may have a 4 digit date code stamped in the bottom bracket (BB). First two numbers are year reversed. "45 EH" would be a '54. -Adam

I found the numbers 244255 and there was another either number or letter , at least one, before the 2 that I can't make out

Latest posts

Back