Canadian Connection

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say what brought me here.... ;)
I must say I've been browsing the forums for a week or two. Very impressive collection of like minded people. Also a very well laid out and supported type of forum, Job well done!

I have been into bikes all my life, building and riding. My favorite type of riding is Downhill / Freeride. Here on the east coast we have some very technical riding, and I find that in my older age I've slowed down quite a bit. Between that and a recent back injury at work, I've been looking for more of a slower form of transportation.

I managed to find locally a 1940's Sunshine Waterloo. The cycles were made in Waterloo Ontario, as far as I can find out they only made bicycles for approx 7-10 years or so. Surprisingly enough, the bike is in outstanding condition. I don't plan on restoring the bike to its original condition but rather to a "Rod" type style. I figure its like any other type of Hot Rod, you make it better. This most likely will end up being a winter project as it will take a few bucks to get it to the condition that I want. One of the biggest issues I have come across already is the tire size. The rims are 28" and sourcing tires of this size seem to be becoming a challenge.

So far I would imagine this will not be my first or last. Already I have the urge to purchase a few other bikes, hopefully before this weekend is out i will also have a 1970's supercycle. This frame will be too small for me but i may turn it over and use the money from that to pay for my current project.

Oh i guess as well... another one of my passions is taking pictures and video of my favorite sport.. if you feel so inclined, check out my vimeo site and watch a couple of my videos from this year and last year. http://www.vimeo.com/user2808654

Or check out my Photobucket http://s2.photobucket.com/home/hombody/index
I look forward to enjoying my stay here, thanks everyone for making this site what it is.

IMG_7731.jpg

is there any chance you may be able to tell me what year this bike may have been from the picture? There really is not much info on these.
This one made it to Nova Scotia!

Latest posts

Back