Canadian Cycle and Motor

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These remains of this 1965 CCM Rambler
IMG_2385.JPG
are wanting to be a functioning bike once again. This project will be simmering on the back burner as I focus on more immeddiate projects.

Sweeeeeeeeet. I've got a Rambler in progress as well... What wheel size is yours? I was blown away by the size of the thing, here it is next to a normal sized 26" wheeled Nishiki View attachment 234516
28" wheels. original fenders collected now. I may build it with later model wheels until period correct ones show up, or not. The fork will be a challenge as it is both bent and twisted. I think I have the patience and know-how to get it straightened out.

28" wheels. original fenders collected now. I may build it with later model wheels until period correct ones show up, or not. The fork will be a challenge as it is both bent and twisted. I think I have the patience and know-how to get it straightened out.
I have several if you can't

I straightened the fork as best I could and it is by no means perfect. The steerer tube has a slight bend that won't allow the headset bearing races to lie parallel to each other. I left the adjusment a little loose to prevent binding. The bike handled well enough on my test ride, but I don't plan to ride it much untill I replace the fork. I put a couple of mismatched wheels on for now and its a rider, sort of. I will keep on the lookout for the correct wheels, fork and chaiguard to make this 58 year old bikeas complete as it was in 1965. Test rde on Father's Day was rewarding.
1965 CCM Rambler  .JPG

Latest posts

Back