Canadian metal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20220628_190118461.jpg

Fixed just to clean up the bracket

IMG_20220629_191840699_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220629_191851218_HDR.jpg

Put the tires on haven't trimed the headtube had a few beer 🍻 and we'll only have one shot and no time to order another. Switched to a Lepper seat off a 1960 gazelle. And found a better spot for a light. I think the position of the fork is much better than before
IMG_20220622_082349947_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220613_152159308_HDR.jpg

Before

When I look at this current status, 3 things catch my eye.

A - The mimic angle and curve of the handlebar to the seat 'post'.
B - The inverse 'reflection' of the fork shape to the top tubes of the frame.
C - The 'splayed out' look of the wheels, like they are being pushed forward in the front and rearward in the back,
to create a real slack look.

The whole bike has this relaxed fit look to it. Not 'boot cut' or 'straight legged' or 'skinny jean'. RELAXED fit.

Almost like it's slouching, if you catch my drift?

ABC 's of bike building.jpg

RaT oN~!

When I look at this current status, 3 things catch my eye.

A - The mimic angle and curve of the handlebar to the seat 'post'.
B - The inverse 'reflection' of the fork shape to the top tubes of the frame.
C - The 'splayed out' look of the wheels, like they are being pushed forward in the front and rearward in the back,
to create a real slack look.

The whole bike has this relaxed fit look to it. Not 'boot cut' or 'straight legged' or 'skinny jean'. RELAXED fit.

Almost like it's slouching, if you catch my drift?

View attachment 198618

RaT oN~!
You get it

It's always great when people get their builds ridable. That is when we all smile rolling down the street.
Looking great!

But that's where I am!
Never had a bike stolen yet (knock on wood!) but had a couple of sk8boards lifted when I was a kid in the north end. Broke my freakin heart.
I wish would have saved the footage guy tried to steal a Raleigh one with the locking fork he ran and hopped on and hit the post in my front yard when he realized he couldn't turn.The look on his face was priceless 🤣🤣🤣🤣

does that layback seat post have some reinforcement inside? They bend easily when they are that long, even if you're light.

does that layback seat post have some reinforcement inside? They bend easily when they are that long, even if you're light.

Depends if they are solid stock or tubing. :D :D

1657123650460.png

Latest posts

Back