Canadian Shipping Costs Are Crazy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I knew that cross border shipping costs were a 'little high', but as I've occasionally purchased parts from the U.S. and other RRB members, have been able to justify the 'relatively' higher expense in order to acquire the parts that I desired or needed and have never been disappointed.
Today I had a huge shock as I went to ship bikes to the states and was quoted over $460CDN ($400USD)each!!!!
That was a completely jaw dropping surprise to me and I cannot imagine how they can justify those rates.
I had anticipated a somewhat higher cost, and factored my estimated expense into my sale prices, but these surprising and unjustifiable rates make cross border sales from Canada prohibitive.
After searching to no avail for other 'reasonable' shipping options, I had to resign myself to the fact that I regretfully had to cancel the sales.
I am embarrassed by my lack of forethought and hope my lesson learned the hard way may save others any headaches.
I am arranging to refund the payments quickly and sincerely apologize to the affected members for the inconvenience and disappointment that my oversight may have caused.

HOLY COW!!!!!
That is insane!!!!

You think Canada is bad, you should try shipping to Australia.

I ship out little trinkets and model railroad engines all day long and the international shipping rates kill most any non USA business. Yet I can get a pair of prescription glasses sent here from China with free shipping for $25. GO figure.

And now we can't insure or track first class intenational mail, so the low cost option to Canada is out for all but the cheapest stuff.

Latest posts

Back