cane creek sealed headset problem....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
any one know if they make an adapter to fit one for a 1" fork to a standard schwinn(takes 1" forks) headtube? the bearings fit the fork as does the race but the cups are 1/8" smaller than the head tube :x
welding spacers in the frame isnt an option on this since its got fresh paint and im not repainting it.
thanks!

well thanks for the comments...but i already have the headset(its for a 1" threadless fork) and has sealed bearings(think skateboard bearings) so just swapping the cups out wont work....ive got another 1" threadless (cups fit the schwinn headtube fine and are the same size as the regular threaded) checked my lbs already to since theyre into newer roadbike stuff and theyve never heard of a reducer for the headtube.....
oh well i guess when i do my sons frame he'll have some really expensive sealed bearings since i know theyre going to need an adapter made. :roll:

sensor said:
any one know if they make an adapter to fit one for a 1" fork to a standard schwinn(takes 1" forks) headtube? the bearings fit the fork as does the race but the cups are 1/8" smaller than the head tube :x
welding spacers in the frame isnt an option on this since its got fresh paint and im not repainting it.
thanks!

even in 1" there are 4 cup diameters that pop up often.... :x

in order from smallest to largest (if memory serves....)

1" common road/mtb

1" jis- less common, a few japanese road/mtb

1" old school bmx and old schwinn

1" wald 4080 size- many old non-schwinn bikes with thinner walled headtubes

a reducer from schwinn to road/mtb would have to be the ultimate niche product, i think it would be more surprising if one DID exist. on the plus side, a couple thin flanged reducers to press in before the headset can't be much of a challenge to a competent machinist and shouldn't be terribly expensive........ :wink:

Latest posts

Back