CanTANKerous -- 1953 Roadmaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20230529_212048.jpg

"Hey...because it's you!"
Opera Snapshot_2023-05-29_211647_www.dailymotion.com.png

While I missed the deadline, I haven't exactly given up on this build. The sticking point has been that, at some point in its history, the non-drive side pedal was "repaired"...with a welder. Guy did a really neat job and I didn't even notice the flaw until I went to take the pedal off. Not insurmountable, but since it's the left side, the crank will need to be treated in-situ. I simply don't have the facilities to cut, grind, drill, and tap for a replacement.

IMG_20230818_143254.jpg

While I missed the deadline, I haven't exactly given up on this build. The sticking point has been that, at some point in its history, the non-drive side pedal was "repaired"...with a welder. Guy did a really neat job and I didn't even notice the flaw until I went to take the pedal off. Not insurmountable, but since it's the left side, the crank will need to be treated in-situ. I simply don't have the facilities to cut, grind, drill, and tap for a replacement.

View attachment 246246
Holy crap. That's not an easy job either. Might have to cut the left side crank off and replace it.

I've actually had cut the left side crank off before because of a seized and broken off pedal bolt.

Latest posts

Back