💸Captain Awesomes Fresh Finds/General Ramblings

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weilder and references someones building a bike
Season 6 What GIF by The Office

... believe it or not, I don't watch Paul's videos. I barely watch any online vids at all. I mostly read words and look at pictures. I find that I don't really retain the information in video format

... believe it or not, I don't watch Paul's videos. I barely watch any online vids at all. I mostly read words and look at pictures. I find that I don't really retain the information in video format
Really he does dude has a library.

Whoa! That’s a real tugboat.

Is that possibly a rare dual V8?

They built some of those with a top engine and a bottom engine.

I can’t imagine what the transfer case was like. That almost certainly has a dual range transmission.

EDIT…
Nah, forget what I said. They quit building those in the 40s. From the web:

“How many Twin-Motor Trucks were produced is not known. However, while it was quite possibly the first, Grico was not the only builder of dual-engine Ford trucks in that era. Manufacturers included Spangler, E&L, Merry-Neville, Thorco, and others.”

Last edited:

I can’t imagine what the transfer case was like. That almost certainly has a dual range transmission.

EDIT…

“How many Twin-Motor Trucks were produced is not known. However, while it was quite possibly the first, Grico was not the only builder of dual-engine Ford trucks in that era. Manufacturers included Spangler, E&L, Merry-Neville, Thorco, and others.”
I have no idea but it's a tow truck just on the Quebec boarder and it runs.

Passed this while on the road shared it here because I know you'll love it View attachment 249635

EDIT…

Pretty sure it was originally a Mercury COE. Hard to tell if it was converted to a tow truck or what

Top speed of that ‘52 is probably about 48 mph if the engine’s running correctly.

I remember test driving a 60s model of this coe truck with the ohv (390?) Merc V8 engine. It was over 30 years ago in Fresno.

It had the road ranger type dual range transmission. Split axle. 16 forward gears. Possibly three reverses. I don’t remember driving it more than 25 feet in reverse.

In the lowest gear it topped out about 2.5 mph. Just enough to make the speedometer needle jerk a little bit.

Back