Car guy on a budget, love building and riding in Lincoln, NE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi all, Love the forum, and have been a long time reader/follower. Love the "fresh finds" page as well as all of the builds that become true works of movable art! I have been a BMX racer from an early age who still finds time to race at the ripe old age of 36. I love old cruisers and have built a few hot rod bikes including some Spaceliners, Schwinn tank bikes, etc. I have been into hot rods (cars) most of my life, but darn it it takes a lot of money to make a little progress on my old 29 coupe! What I love about bikes is that it doesn't take long at all to take the entire project from concept to completion....before you know it you are riding around the block with the kids! I really enjoy this forum, and it has been fun to see the improvement over time. What a great place for bike lovers of all kinds to come and share the passion. Thanks for having me!

welcome aboard stratowheelin.
i feel you on loving bicycles i too am a car fanatic but cannot afford to build cars as much as i can bicycles.
ironically i am into bmx racing as well.i hope to build a 26 inch bmx racer someday.i have a couple cruisers one is a klunker style with camo ductape used as a wrap. ironically it looks ok and might be a good bmx candidate with a few upgrades.
would love to see you're 29 those are the holy grail of hot rods right there.my fav second to the belairs
welcome aboard you have definitely found a great site lots of helpful and knowledgeable people here not to mention if you ned parts this is the place to find them. very nice group of people.
we would love to see any bikes you have built/
Sean

Welcome stratowheelin,
Good to have a bmx guy/car guy in the mix and your really makinging me miss Nebraska right now lol. Craving Runzas like crazy since I left there 12 years ago.

hey dude i just read you are from Nebraska.
i am form Nebraska myself i live just outside Omaha in Fremont.
glad to see a fellow Nebraskan here there aren't too many of us i think i have encountered like 5 .
i used to work in Lincoln i know the area quite well.worked for the ryder company for awhile as a truck delivery/recovery.
sean

Welcome dude, I too like the bikes and you are right about how long it takes to build a car I am in the middle of a car build right now I have a 31 Ford 2 door sedan getting ready to bust ... on that thing in a couple of weeks hope to ride this year, when I figure out how to post pictures I will post pictures of the car and the build.

Chris,model-a

Back