Celebrate the 4th with an American Goose!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, it's the 4th of July and the sun was finally out in New Hampshire today. I was out running errends this morning and drove by our town's center (it's called "The Oval" around here). I though it was a perfect place to take a few pictures, so a while later I brought my Goose back for a quick photoshoot. Not many people around, but one kid who was maybe 12 or 13 came riding by on his BMX bike. He stopped and stared at my bike. He told me it looked really cool and asked what it was. I proudly told him it was a 1983 Supergoose. I told him it was what I rode on when I was his age. I was a bit offended when he asked if it was still rideable. :lol:

So anyway, to all you BMX guys, here is my one and only BMX. It indeed is the kind of bike I rolled on when I was 12 or 13 years old. It took me about a year to find a bike and the suitable parts to make it more like my childhood bike. It's not an exact replacement, but it's close. To any of you guys thinking about building a nice old school BMX, get your wallet ready. This sucker cost me more than 3 times any other bike I have built. I have way too much into this bike and I am still looking for a few tidbits. A set or red and yellow Oakley F-1 grips and some red KKT AMX pedals are on my list. I do have a red Sugino power disc and a gold P3 chainring sitting here, but I haven't had a chance to install them yet. And once again, I'm 6'8" and yes, I rode it around for a while today.

First, here is the bike as discovered by a guy on the BMX Museum. Notice the aweful rust, painted Pro-Class bars and general rattiness.

supergoose83008.jpg

supergoose83017.jpg

supergoose83007.jpg

He went through it pretty well. Gave it an OA bath, cleaned the bars and other chrome parts, replaced the tires, cables, etc and made it a nice looking bike. This is how I got it. Thanks Chad!

boagtseatsvp_001.jpg

Then, when I got it, the first thing I had to do was straighten the rear dropouts where UPS bent them. Luckily just an adjustable wrench took care of that. I added Z-Rims with sealed bearing hubs, bigger tires, yellow Tuff brake pads, Yellow Cali-Lite pads, a red Tuff Neck, and a set of new decals. Regreased and assembled into this:

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2064.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

And why was this a great place to take pictures today? Check this out...

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

A heart felt THANK YOU to all our vets out there. Thank you for all you've done to serve out great counry! Happy 4th everyone.
Dan

nice bike dan ! like the pic.s looks like the perfect day ! 8)

Thanks Ralph. I like it, but I won't build another BMX. This was a one shot deal...reliving my childhood!

Man Dan...that looks awesome!

Love those snakebelly treads.

We need some riding video of you on this bike....6'8"!!!!! :shock:

Great job!

Dan that really came out sweet. Just imagine.....its still not done yet LOL. Lets see a wheelie!!!!! :D

Latest posts

Back