Cherry Rides Again - 1937 Rollfast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Antici...
Screenshot_20230320-080956.png

...pation.
IMG_20230312_165658_826.jpg

One of my first customs was a 24" cruiser named after my partner's alias she used while writing for an entertainment news/gossip website back then. This time, we'll use a 24" 1937 Rollfast Super frame and fork, and maybe the front sprocket from the original bike.
PXL_20230322_003239672~2.jpg

Probably no more pics until late Tuesday or Wednesday. In the meantime, know that I have a Bendix 2 speed (not kickback) rear S2 wheel, and an unlaced 24" S7 rim/tire for the front. Oh yeah, we're going 28H here!

Also a red/white troxel seat and several forks to choose from. Will demonstrate how to alter the radius of a bicycle fender at some point in the build, so that should be instructive, if not entertaining.

As a 6 foot+ guy weighing over 200#, this is one of the few bikes I have ever built that wasn't really made for me to ride. That doesn't mean that I won't, though.

Brawny looking frame! Looks like a bull dog.
It's sort of like a mini Zep, and its smaller size definitely makes the tubes look chunky. It would take 26" wheels if I only did 1.75 tires, but I think it's sort of neat that it's a 24".

I really dig the lines of that frame. Sorta a cross between a mini zep and a mini camelback/humpback.
BTW, how many Build Off have you been in now?

Will demonstrate how to alter the radius of a bicycle fender at some point in the build, so that should be instructive, if not entertaining.
Looking forward to this!
great frame to start with.

I loved "der ROD BARON" from my rookie BO, Build Off 6.

1683082883259.png

Latest posts

Back