CherryLiner (formerly known as MotorLiner) - DONE -

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some of you might have seen my plans for the MotorLiner. She was conceived in a moment of weakness. One of those many moments wherein I have found myself obsessing over JoeyMac's Devilwing. This particular moment was different though because this time I was browsing Ebay and found a Spaceliner frame AND a tank that was very similar to the one on Devilwing! Needless to say, I bought both of them. The original plan was to build a total knock off of Devilwing right down to the red and white striped chain guard. But alas, sensibility kicked in and I came to realize that there can only be one Devilwing.

So instead, I have decided to make this:
** Photchop concept
2813507263_13f36db036_o3.jpg

I highly doubt that I will be able to finish the motorized version of my build for this build off so instead I am aiming to at least get a rolling bike (minus motor) in before deadline.

So far, this is what I have:
**650c wheels are used for mock up only (AND to make "Zipp-crazed-roadies" mad - lol)
**I'm thinking of using 24" wheels instead of 26" since I kinda like the look of the bike with these smaller wheels. Feel free to give your opinion on this matter.
** Although I would love to keep the red, the final color scheme will not be red and chrome since I do not wish to further steal from JoeyMac's DevilWing
** For now I am experimenting with Boneshaker's fork invert trick. Whether I keep it this way or not will depend on how stable it is when ridden

space_mock_up1.jpg

space_mock_up2.jpg

The seat was a $25.00 ebay purchase that was listed under "Antique Motorcycle Seat". It had some very rusty hardware and leather that was so dry that it literally crumbled in my hands.

Seat when purchased:
MVC-013S.jpg

Seat after cleanup:
SEAT.jpg

The fork was another Ebay purchase. For some reason the previous owner thought it would be a good idea to paint the hardware on this for silver. Scraping off the ugly paint revelaed some decent chrome:

fork1.jpg
fork-2.jpg

Re: Project MotorLiner

this one is gonna be sweet!

thanks for the encouraging compliments.
Hey Boneshaker, I editted some of the text to give you a bit of credit for your fork trick. Thanks.

I know it's only for mock up, But the disc is "crazy".............Would look good on both wheels.

Thumbs up on the disc wheel. That's a nice mix of parts that work well together.

Sorry but the Zipp can't stay. It has a track cog on it so it's fixed (although I could probably screw a freewheel onto it). Plus I don;t know how I would run any type of brake on the bike unless I keep it a fixie. It's just way too much wheel for this build.

stepper said:
thanks for the encouraging compliments.
Hey Boneshaker, I editted some of the text to give you a bit of credit for your fork trick. Thanks.

Well truthfully it wasn't "my" idea. It just seems as though I'm the one that popularized it around here. You know, I have always thought of myself as a trendsetter!! :mrgreen:

Re: MotorLiner

Quick update.
Got a proper set of wheels and tires for her. Also mounted a really big headlight onto the fork. The headlight is a generic 7" Northern Industrial automotive spotlight/foglight that I got from Northern Tool for $11.00. I think it's a bit too big but I might stick with it.

DSC_5267.jpg

Looks good man. One thing about the flipped fork, the steering has a way looser feel. Maybe that'll bug you, maybe not. I don't mind. But I thought I'd let ya know.

it`s lookin` good! :D with that headlight,even fsjaak will be able to see you,once your in outer space! :lol: :lol: :lol:

like the light alot, goes good with the fat tires, and the seat goes good with the springer fork too. nice and balanced :wink:

Latest posts

Back