CherryLiner (formerly known as MotorLiner) - DONE -

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MotorLiner

BrigmasterA said:
Looks good man. One thing about the flipped fork, the steering has a way looser feel. Maybe that'll bug you, maybe not. I don't mind. But I thought I'd let ya know.

Thanks for the heads up. The fork arrangement is still under consideration as of this point. Won;t know if I will keep it til I try it out.

i think the bike needs to keep it's low stance. but then i really like apes. i'm a big help, i know.

I think I found some bars that I'm happy with. $7.00 for these flipped risers. I decided that I wanted to keep the bikes low stance and although I really wanted some clubman bars, I really didn't want to spend too much on this project.

DSC_5280.jpg

By the way, Although it doesn;t seem to work mathematically, a 13/16" to 7/8" seat post shim makes for a perfect fit for a 25.4mm bar into a Cinelli 26.4mm stem.

Did you re-paint the tank?.....Bars look really good.

KOTA said:
Did you re-paint the tank?.....Bars look really good.

thanks,
Unfortunately it's too cold to paint so the tank has only been stripped for now. The fork will be next.
Waiting for some warm weather to paint both black. UNless someone can suggest some good cold weather spray paint.

I' ve painted in 28 degree temp before. Just keep everything in the house until you paint it. I put one coat on and bring it back in immediately, paint included. Then repeat the process a few minutes later, until you have the desired finish. If you're just doing a tank, you can put a coat of paint on in less then a minute. I've done this with Krylon. It certainly isn't the best way to paint, but if you have no other way. Click on MY INTRO/MY BIKES, the beige Monarch was the one did in 28 degrees, and it came out flawless.:roll:........Just remember not to TOUCH the area you're painting (bare metal) with your bare hands.

bars look good and it will fit in a car easier than with apes.

I was starting to have doubts about my saddle choice as I could not find anyone to reupholster it. After 2 shops denying my service I finally found someone that would do it for $75.00. I would have let him do the job but he seemed very reluctant to take on the task making me doubt his services. So instead, I decided I was going to do it myself. I searched around for some possible materials to use when I finally decided to use a two layer cotton rag that looked like plain old white t-shirt material, craft foam for minimalistic padding and some Shellac to finish it off. This is what I came up with:

SEAT.jpg

DSC_5281-1.jpg

DSC_5282-1.jpg

DSC_5283-1.jpg

DSC_5295-1.jpg

DSC_5302.jpg

After adding several layers of Shellac I decided that I wanted the seat to be a bit darker so I painted it black, sanded it down a bit and applied more Shellac.
Rivets were added as a finishing touch.

saddle2.jpg

One word.........WOW

nobody said it for 2 hrs.,so it`s my turn. WOW! :mrgreen: that seat looks awesome! maybe theres hope for my old hawthorne seat pan. :wink:

Very clever on the seat fabrication! It really looks like old leather. It is so much fun to see the talent displayed on this web site!

Latest posts

Back