Chevy Truck heater issues, help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
So winter has arrived and I'm running my old 92 Chevy Ck2500 around a little. The defrost mode never really worked that well and now I find that the controls switch on the dash may be broken (or the actuator cable) so all the heat goes to the floor :!: . My truck was an old State owned vehicle so it is a stripped down model. there are two sliding control levers that control the heat functions. One is for temp, the other directs to floor, panel or defrost. I believe I found the business end of the temp controller where it connects just below the blower fan under the cash/glove box but cannot find the other one. Looked on the interweb but could not find any with same truck/issues.

Anyone out there had a dash apart on one of these rigs?

Shure would be nice to see where I'm going....

In my area, if you got a GM truck or SUV and need a part, you don't need to travel very far! :shock:

I would post this to a Chevy forum and see what happens.

I checked the flapper control on the driver side, near where my knee is when driving, it moves...which may mean I have deeper issues inside the box? Maybe I should just run some PVC from the floor to the windshield

Actually this may sound crazy but order a free catalog from LMC truck that fits your year range. They have great pictures and diagrams of how every piece goes together and they sell anything and everything for Chevy and GMC trucks, prices are not that bad either. A buddy of mine restored the inside of his '80's Chevy shortbed and got everything from there. Really quality stuff.

Latest posts

Back