Chrome ????? 80's MT Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I advertised in a local facebook classified app looking for old bikes and this guy sends me pictures of this girls Mobecane ? girls ten speed that had been house painted for twenty dollars, so I went to look at it, needed tires and just plain work didn't look like great flipping material, so he says he had a few more bikes in back in the shed, and after pulling out two Huffy and one Roadmaster mt bikes this chrome one came out, I am thinking Univega, Bridgestone,Peugoet, something along them lines, anyone have a better guess or info, lmk, thanks
101_9594.jpg

101_9596.jpg

101_9597-1.jpg

101_9598.jpg

101_9595.jpg

Early Mongoose may be..? Or a Lotus I dont think peugeot ever made a full chrome bike..

I had a Magna that was an all chrome frame, Kinda tinted chrome. First frame hanging.
P8290203.jpg

I do NOT have a bike problem, I hoard them just fine. :mrgreen:

That looks a whole lot like my Diamond Back, except mine is orange.

My chain ring does not have a guard on it, but, the handlebar stem is what makes me say this.

A Magna? I hope thats not what this is. It looks cool and all, but I went through two or three of them. Most notably a 1998 Electroshock and a 2001 base model. The shifter broke and the front wheel got bent on the '98 and the '01 was a trouble from the start-almost as bad as a YUGO (MOST people under the age of 25 have no clue what that is).

Again, it looks cool, I love chrome, and anybody who knows me can back that up. But I would moth ball it and have a nice display piece, IMHO.

Ok I worked on this yesterday, I was a little disappointed I didn't check it out a little more before I bought it , as I believe the older gentleman didn't know what he was doing trying to work on this bike, my guess is he bought it without the crank & sprocket and tried to make this one fit....tried. The frame was ground away so the sprocket would clear :shock: and the non drive crank arm hits the frame, so I had to go thru the bone yard and find another arm, adjust the gears,replace a brake cable. as far as ID It looks real close to a Ross, the serial number starts with an M and ends with an 84, its not a Mongoose since the headtube is too short, Magna ,not even close, I will have to research Diamondback a little more, but heres some pictures of it cleaned up.
101_9600.jpg

101_9601.jpg

101_9599.jpg

If that seat is original check out Honda, I had a full suspension bike made by Honda that had those same design decals.

partsguy said:
A Magna? I hope thats not what this is. It looks cool and all, but I went through two or three of them. Most notably a 1998 Electroshock and a 2001 base model. The shifter broke and the front wheel got bent on the '98 and the '01 was a trouble from the start-almost as bad as a YUGO (MOST people under the age of 25 have no clue what that is).

Again, it looks cool, I love chrome, and anybody who knows me can back that up. But I would moth ball it and have a nice display piece, IMHO.

Hey I had a YUGO hatchback and it was a great car.......Till I had to find parts. :roll:

Looks like a Giant.. Iguana model..?

outskirtscustoms said:
partsguy said:

Hey I had a YUGO hatchback and it was a great car.......Till I had to find parts. :roll:

YUGO get the parts, I'll wait here.

I went and looked at My Rockadile and It has the same seatpost clamp and the round canti mount (only smaller) on the rear. Got to be a Mongoose.

I thought it was a Mongoose from the very first post... :wink:

I did to but the wings on the seat threw Me off. Motobecane used wings with their logo.

Latest posts

Back