Church rummage sale bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Resurrected from the bone pile, for the sale this weekend at the church where I go.
db1099b61409f747d05a1961d4656590.jpg

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Wow, Yesterday I brought back a similar NEXT for my grandson. Picked it up for $5 last Winter @ Goodwill, Don't think it was ever ridden much but does anyone ever lube a chain or even polish up a Mallwart bike? A little lube adjustment and polish and they come back nice. I'm sure some kid will enjoy it!

Wow, Yesterday I brought back a similar NEXT for my grandson. Picked it up for $5 last Winter @ Goodwill, Don't think it was ever ridden much but does anyone ever lube a chain or even polish up a Mallwart bike? A little lube adjustment and polish and they come back nice. I'm sure some kid will enjoy it!
It's a great idea to clean them up and give 'em to a kid.....promote our sport of not only looking at our bikes, but riding them too. Nice purchase!

Ha....I usually find them on the side of the road...matter of fact it was a Next bike that I used in the kids to adults bike I did for the NO dollar build off recently
Next made a great model ...the Turbo...(I keep one for myself and ride it around.)..very rugged little bike...plus, I'm not a big guy, so I dig riding the wee ones sometimes.
I fixed up and sold two just like this....diff. colors. but..this is the one I keep for myself...

26483519261_fe01e2ac26_c.jpg

Like the "turbo" - have a china schwinn girls bike frame that has similar dropouts - I'm hoping to use it on a stretch project. :D

Like the "turbo" - have a china schwinn girls bike frame that has similar dropouts - I'm hoping to use it on a stretch project. :D

that'll work HF...
Kids bikes..are a hard sell. But, these Turbo's go as soon as I list them...front and rear handbrakes, plus coaster brake, decent front shocks, geared just right...and, the paint is always good on them..just clean up chrome....grease bearings, adjust brakes tighten chain, list them..and bam.....I got lunch money. :21:
That, and 16" bikes. Man.. those in between bikes go fast...apparently there's a lot of children outgrew the training wheel 12" but not ready to ride a 20"yet...Kids..they grow so fast, so Mom's (here anyway) are more than willing to drop 40 bucks on a 16" all day long

And..even if you don't stretch it or use it....the parts alone are worth having...coaster brake hub, grips, cables, canti brakes, seat, seat tubes, chain..c'mon..you could even make a bike trailer out of the tires and cut up tubing :thumbsup:

Rebuilt the Fruit Krate (64' Schwinn) into a hybrid BMX and sold it for the price of parts to a friend for his Grandkid, and picked up a peddlecar 57' chevy for the Rummage...

Carl.

Latest posts

Back