Circle Freak.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had no plans to enter the WBO this year but this doodle from last year
20221004_193040.jpg
was tickling my brain these past few days. i decided to do a larger scale drawing and I'm pretty excited about it. It draws on my "Elgin Osprey" build from last winter and "L'Angleo" from BO 12. Its a full suspension leaf sprung bike and should have about 5-6 inches of travel front and rear. When an idea comes to you this quickly you just have to build it right?
20221007_003446.jpg

Looks amazing. Can’t wait to see how you deal with lateral movement, that’s always been something I worry about with floating leaf springs.

I had no plans to enter the WBO this year but this doodle from last yearView attachment 212145 was tickling my brain these past few days. i decided to do a larger scale drawing and I'm pretty excited about it. It draws on my "Elgin Osprey" build from last winter and "L'Angleo" from BO 12. Its a full suspension leaf sprung bike and should have about 5-6 inches of travel front and rear. When an idea comes to you this quickly you just have to build it right?View attachment 212144
I have had some beautiful ideas that worked so well in my head but after a few days of careful consideration there was a fatal flaw in my design. Usually a suspension of the laws of physics or gravity or some other small error that was totally blitzed in the endorphin blizzard of the idea only to rear its ugly head upon reflection. I wish you the very best since I really like this endorphin pipe dream of yours so far.

I have had some beautiful ideas that worked so well in my head but after a few days of careful consideration there was a fatal flaw in my design. Usually a suspension of the laws of physics or gravity or some other small error that was totally blitzed in the endorphin blizzard of the idea only to rear its ugly head upon reflection. I wish you the very best since I really like this endorphin pipe dream of yours so far.
Yeah that happens to me all the time too. When I was making L' Angelo I didn't realize that it wasn't going to be able to turn the way I had designed it. 🤣 Obviously this is not all about pure function but I think it's going to work. I am expecting to see some serious brake Dive if I put a disk brake on the front like I'm planning to. I've already dropped over $200 on tubing and bearings and a bottom bracket shell so I'm pretty committed.

My parts are all here! I'll be doing a similar bottom bracket pivot like I did on my last winter build the Elgin Osprey except this time I'll be using a threaded bottom bracket shell. It's so much easier! It turns out bottom bracket shells are 38.1 mm which is exactly 1 1/2 inches. I got some bearings that fit perfectly
20221018_163804.jpg
And a 2.75 OD tube for the outer shell.

Latest posts

Back