city boy turned small towner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
well here we go
im originally from Boston Massachusetts where everybody hates everyone for the most part
i recently moved to friend Nebraska where population is maybe 1200 on a busy time.
we have one of the worlds smallest police stations(no kidding its literally a shed).
this is where i planted the seed of burrkrayecycles which took off like lightning
apparently small town folk love custom bicycles
ive sold many and built many for people and my name is getting well known around here
good to be in a place where everybody knows everybody word spreads fast when you do something good ( or screw up royally lol)
also a gold mine for barn finds you wouldn't believe some of the stuff ive found my shop speaks for itself lol
Friend_Nebraska_downtown_2.jpg
nd
NEFRIpolice_brian.jpg

burrkrayesalvage.jpg

thats pretty cool man..
i like that one chopper with the tiny wheel in the front :p

i plan on making my own cycle company one day 8)
i was thinking about going to a big city but i dont know, maybe being in a small town would be just as good :0

thanks iven that's my outlaw shes my baby .
yeah small towns have their ups and downs.
i just happen to find a item everybody loves so i do ok but a bigger city would give you better customer turnout but it would also bring high overhead.
i looked into moving my shop to Lincoln Nebraska which is the Capitol but the overhead was ridiculous.
plus i like the small town because i can actually talk to the customers and show them i care about them.
not to mention alot of my customers are in my club.
so yeah it has its ups and downs but if you do a small town make sure you can get a good customer base first that's where i screwed up
it was rocky at first but now im well established.
good luck and ride on brother.
dr evil

hiya houndog
yeah there isn't much of a scene around here most of my bike sales mail order and such. i live in a population of 1200 people of which all are farmers so bikes aren't of interest to them
i definitely understand how that goes
just gotta have a vision and a dream and it will come lol
thanks for responding

Latest posts

Back