Clear over stickers/ decals?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I about have my Straight 8 the way I want it and would like to do something a little different. I was going thru some stuff in my Mom's garage after my step father passed away in April and came across some stickers/ decals from some racing product companies. He drag raced for years and has a few. I'd like to do a colage type thing on the rear fender of my Straight 8 with some of the stickers. It would be sort of a "hat tip" to him.
Not interested in trying to remove them later as the fender is more replaceable to me than the stickers at this point.
So... can I just spray clear over the stickers once they are on or is there something different I should do?

Thank for any help folks!

PS - At 32 years old this is as close to death as I have ever had to be, but my step father died at 58 years old and that is TOO YOUNG... so all you fellas getting up there in age get your prostate and whatever else they wanna check cleared.

Hey Crump,Sorry to hear about your Step Dad...AND Yes 58 is WAY TOO YOUNG.

If those stickers are old they may be dry and stiff and not want to conform to a fender.

I'd try to lay them out in the hot sun to soften them up a bit then try to apply them to the fender when they're still warm.

I dont think clear coat will help much to hold thier shape on the fender "IF" they start to try to unpeel and curl up.

I like your idea as a Tribute.Good Luck with it.

Latest posts

Back