Closest Beach to My House

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2111.JPG

This is the closest beach to where I live in Bali (7.1k).
This is a black sand beach on the west coast on a cloudy morning so it is not the greatest pic.
As I expand my rides I plan to work my way down the coast, and more dramatic beaches and bigger waves.
The jungle bike is totally in pieces now, some of which are soaking in starfruit vinegar as I write this.
In the meantime, I've been riding an Indonesian mtb, a Polygon Broadway that is functional but a bit of a heavyweight.
Hmm. maybe I could do something with this bike too someday... :)

Polygon Mtb.jpg

nice to have someone from Bali on the site.
Starfruit vinegar. You should post a pic of a starfruit.
I'm an American actually, but have lived on this side of the world for about 20 years. I'll post pics of starfruit and the 25% strength vinegar tomorrow!

If you make vinegar from starfruit, isn't there an intermediate step where you have starfruit wine? Might not be very good for soaking bike parts, but it may be useful nevertheless.

If you make vinegar from starfruit, isn't there an intermediate step where you have starfruit wine? Might not be very good for soaking bike parts, but it may be useful nevertheless.
Absolutely! I make wine out of all kinds of fruit here. It is my go to buzz. Making a batch of watermelon wine in an hour or two!

Latest posts

Back