Coast Brakes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First. Awesome site.

I have a 20in BMX bike with rear rim brakes. I wanted to put a coaster brake where when the pedaling in reversing it would brake. Like to keep it single speed.

I searched the forums/web but could not find the right details. not sure what to do.

I did find a site that sells the brakes, Niagara Cycles Works, that has KT Coaster Brake Hub 36H x .080G, E Type with Trim Kit and KT Coaster Brake Hub 36H x .105G, E Type with Trim Kit.

Is this the part I need? How should I install? Is there anything I need to know? In adddition, if there is a step by step guide, that would be a plus. :?:

Thanks.

Yeah Asimo, Cee Bee is spot on. Look on craig's list and find you a cheap kids bike with a coaster brake. make sure that when you swap rims, you use the clamp it came with to secure the brake onto the bike you're putting it on. You can usually get an entire bike for the price of a part you buy new, and then you have all kinds of extra stuff. Tires, handle bars, crank, bearings ect.

Roly...

Latest posts

Back