Coasters At Smoky Hill River Festival (Photos and Video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a busy weekend for the Coasters. The Coasters are split up participating in 2 big events in 2 different towns. The Smoky Hill River Festival in Salina, KS about 1.5 hours away from here and Pedal Mania at our own Wichita River Festival. I get to participate in both events.

Here are a couple of photos of the Coasters setting up the display in Salina this morning. Dangratsdan in the black t-shirt. Thanks to my Mother for the pics.

IMG_8816.JPG

IMG_8823.JPG

IMG_8820.JPG

IMG_8826.JPG

IMG_8829.JPG

Re: Coasters At Smoky Hill River Festival

Wow what a weekend.Spent all day Saturday in town hosting a bike show and games. Then Sunday out of town to meet up with fellow Coasters for this 3 day show. I'm paying for it. Sunburn and a bum leg. I guess from being all day on my feet and in the heat with little hydration Saturday, I got a horrific cramp in my calf. I can't recall when I last felt so much pain. 2 days later and I'm still hobbling around.

Anyway this was an awesome festival and the Coasters display was equally awesome. The festival organizers asked us to attend. Even provided lodging and funds for transportation. Some meals too from what I hear. 5 of us from here made the trip. My parents were kind enough to deliver my bikes the first day and I picked them up one the last. Dangratsdan and a few others stayed the entire weekend and did a great job with the display and representing the Coasters and bike enthusiasts in general.

Here's a few pics. Will have video later.

IMG_6166.JPG

Our tent
IMG_6230.JPG

Dangratsdan answering questions.
IMG_6168.JPG

The sign on the bottom bike reads "this bike looked like that bike"
IMG_6172.JPG

Mr Larry's bikes
IMG_6213.JPG

IMG_6252.JPG

Demo area for some of the unusual riding bikes
IMG_6225.JPG