Coasters Bike Tours - May 19th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bike Tours Return to Downtown.
In celebration of bike month, the Wichita Downtown Development Corp. has again organized the I Bike Douglas Rides. Three themed tours will be offered on May 19th, each lasting approximately 45 minutes.

The Architectural Ride departs at 1 p.m. from WDDC’s office at 507 E. Douglas. This tour will take an in depth look at some of the architectural treasures strewn along Douglas. From sleek modern designs to art deco influences, to ornately carved limestone treasures, Downtown Wichita offers numerous examples of the city’s architectural heritage. Come prepared to learn some fascinating facts about Wichita’s architectural gems.

The Heroes Ride will depart from in front of the Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview, 400 W. Douglas at 2 p.m. This ride in honor of Armed Services Day will feature stops at various sculptures and memorials throughout the core area dedicated to heroes. We’ll visit the Keeper of the Plains, the beloved Indian Warrior that watches over Wichita, and Veteran Memorial Park, the serene little park located along the Arkansas River that houses numerous monuments. The tour will also include stops by the Old County Courthouse’s Soldiers & Sailors Monument and the Law Enforcement Memorial by local artist Connie Ernatt at City Hall.

The Victorian Ride will depart at 3 p.m. from Sedgwick-County Historical Museum, 204 S. Main, and will focus on the elaborate and ornate structures that stand as graceful reminders of Wichita’s past including the Historical Museum and its stately neighbor, the recently renovated Carnegie Library.
The day will end with tours inside two Victorian homes, including one of Wichita’s most historic, the Schnitzler Mansion at Gilbert and South Broadway.

These rides are designed to be leisurely and all ages are welcome. Cameras are allowed and encouraged, as there will be ample opportunity to capture some unique and memorable photographs. All rides are free, but donations are appreciated.
Mark your calendar for the morning of June 23rd, when I Bike Douglas will offer a new round of tours during the cooler morning hours.

I'd like to ask that participants please not wear clipless type cycling shoes on the house tours. Thanks in advance.

2012_I_Bike_Douglas.jpg

This tours are a great idea. I need to organize something like this. Good thing my brother is an Architect.

cman said:
This tours are a great idea. I need to organize something like this. Good thing my brother is an Architect.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I may have to rally up some of the Kansas City crew... or just me and make that road trip. Uhmmmm...

Clark

aka_locojoe said:
The Wicked Wind 100 is the same weekend here in Haysville http://ozbikeclub.com/events/wicked-wind

Saturday I will probably be on these history tours but Sunday I may just ride over to the historic park and see what's going on.

As you already know I missed this. Didn't get to hang out at the Wicked Wind either. An unexpected trip to the dentist due to a broken tooth postponed are vacation get away so we didn't get back till Sunday eve instead of Friday like we'd planned.

Latest posts

Back