Colson Snap Tank Frame...Forks??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having built a fair share of hotrods, I've been bitten by the ratrod bike bug and have no idea what the heck I'm doing (other than getting an education at this point). I've picked up a Colson Snap Tank frame, and then starting poking around for forks...order some a cool springer type set up off of Ebay - and yes, I'm sure you saw this coming, they don't even come close to fitting. I like the forks, so I think I will thread 'em and cut 'em down. However, that did raise the question of headtube lengths and forks. Do they differ by manufacturer? Girls, and boys bikes? Years? Also, is there anther tank that would fit that frame, other than the Snap? Do I hold out, or fab something up?
Thanks!
Atomic

Tube lengths vary greatly over the years/styles, especially on prewar bikes. You can get some early 30s motobikes with under a 5" steer tube while some ladies bikes will be up around 8". Prewar girls bikes will have longer steer tubes than mens. After the war, they were typically the same between the sexes. Manufacturers would be different too.

There wouldn't be any other tank to fit this frame and when a snap tank does pop up, they usually bring 200+. So.. fab away!

Back