Colson

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
image.jpg
I'm in the process of acquiring this Colson Looptail, perfect patina in my opinion. How hard would it be to find the correct truss rods for this thing? And headlight? Delta wedge? Top loader torpedo? Rocket ray? And correct Colson headbadge eventually. Also any idea of year it might be? I'm thinking maybe early 50's?

Hi Chris-
Your bike is postwar. I've read that Colson restarted production n 1949. My Colson book shows that this frame style was used through 1953,
but I don't see any photos of this style used in 1954, when the company was purchased by Evans.
My book shows all 3 styles of headlights (Delta wedge, top loader torpedo, and Rocket Ray) used from '49 through '53. And yes, truss rods would be appropriate. I see that you've already begun the search on the CABE. I'm unable to post pictures to this site, but If you PM me your email address, I'll send you scans the pages that I have, but can't get to it until this evening.

Last edited:
Hi Chris-
Your bike is postwar. I've read that Colson restarted production n 1949. My Colson book shows that this frame style was used through 1953,
but I don't see any photos of this style used in 1954, when the company was purchased by Evans.
My book shows all 3 styles of headlights (Delta wedge, top loader torpedo, and Rocket Ray) used from '49 through '53. And yes, truss rods would be appropriate. I see that you've already begun the search on the CABE. I'm unable to post pictures to this site, but If you PM me your email address, I'll send you scans the pages that I have, but can't get to it until this evening.
Thanks a whole lot! PM sent.

Glad someone bought the whole bike. I agree, PERFECT patina!

Latest posts

Back