Columbia 🐪 CamelBack - ‘21 2n1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of those last Canon closeups looks good to me if you can't get away to your little lake / river location.

The brick red color is a decent back drop. I've seen worse garage door photos.... :21:

Hope the wife's surgery went well and she is recovering.
You've done a lot of work on this build and it took me a while to catch up on it. As usual, tons of very cool details. My favorite part is the whole light assembly. I really like this color combo too. Another excellent build!
Give our best to the missus.

One of those last Canon closeups looks good to me if you can't get away to your little lake / river location.

The brick red color is a decent back drop. I've seen worse garage door photos.... :21:
Thanks! Hoping to find time to at least ride over to our local Eagle Lake Park, otherwise I’ll try again when light cooperates with garage door. Found a seatpost decal to add so that will finish it up, also need some shots of the stock fork in place.
Man, this bike came out nice! Well done MF!
Thank You very much! I appreciate folks noticing the effort involved.
Hope the wife's surgery went well and she is recovering.
You've done a lot of work on this build and it took me a while to catch up on it. As usual, tons of very cool details. My favorite part is the whole light assembly. I really like this color combo too. Another excellent build!
Give our best to the missus.
Surgery went well but the healing process is another ordeal for her and me. There’s a bunch of normal everyday stuff that she can’t do for a few weeks. Sciatica pain is/was an ugly deal, now a back to heal. It’s been a long summer so far.
I appreciate your comments, effort has been sporadic on this one but a lot of it.
As stated above still a few loose ends to try and get done for the Camelback to be finished.

Last edited:
Could be a case of sabotage and here's a suspicious looking character.
238427-20230625-112733.jpg
I just learned that ancient Romans used this to determine favorable or unfavorable outcomes, depending on the bird. Made me think of you.

I just learned that ancient Romans used this to determine favorable or unfavorable outcomes, depending on the bird. Made me think of you.
Augury, it’s all clear now, someone is against my build succeeding or wanted to leave an imprint of their own on the Camelback.

Still have a few loose ends to wrap up, what with looking after my wife and two dogs plus the weather it’s looking gloomy.

IMG_4268.jpeg

You can add a few degrees based on Dew point and humidity to get the “feels like” temperature…too old for this stuff.

Added Columbia seatpost decal just now, only 95 at this point.
IMG_4275.jpeg
IMG_4274.jpeg
IMG_4272.jpeg

Haven’t had a chance to do anything else with the Camelback. With my wife’s recovery being an almost full time job for me I’m reluctant to ride anywhere or leave her alone for long. One of us needs to stay mobile and be able to drive, at this point that me.
I managed to take some new photos around 5:30 today. Still wanting to get the fork switched out with the stock one in time for a photo record.
IMG_4320.jpeg
IMG_4304.jpeg
IMG_4300.jpeg
IMG_4288.jpeg

IMG_4321.jpeg

6:30am photos.
IMG_4329.jpeg
IMG_4331.jpeg
IMG_4341.jpeg
IMG_4344.jpeg
IMG_4369.jpeg

Latest posts