Columbia Exercise Bike with WICKED SEAT!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Picked this up tonight on CL and still can't believe how cool and pristine the seat is. I didn't even realize it was a glitter seat until I got there.

3Id3J83H65Lb5Nf5H7cb56b9b94c94f491c86.jpg

3k53L13H85I75Ef5M1cb5ce50a052540d1132.jpg

WP_000650.jpg

WP_000651.jpg

WP_000653.jpg

WP_000654.jpg

1WP_000652.jpg

1WP_000655.jpg

1WP_000656.jpg

1WP_000657.jpg

1WP_000658.jpg

1WP_000659.jpg

dragnusa said:
A crash bar on a exercise bike? cool seat tho.

I guess it's for when your dog starts chasing you. :p

Very nice. Does the tension wheel just apply more pressure on the front wheel to give the resistance?

1918 Ranger

Cool find :D I used a lot of parts from this one on my BO bike :wink:
006-1.jpg

1918 Ranger said:
Very nice. Does the tension wheel just apply more pressure on the front wheel to give the resistance?

1918 Ranger

Yep, that's how this one works.

Tank and SR69, you are right, there are some cool parts on this one.
Broke down the bike tonight for parts.
The seat cleaned up even brighter and glittered up than before.
I like the feel of the bars with perfect chrome.
Stem has perfect chrome.
Headbadge came off nicely
Grips are Hunt Wilde and actually are like a pearlescent creme color
Pedals are pretty cool with full wrap rubber and bowed
Perfect chrome seatpost
Nice crank and chainring. The bearing cups didn't have a lip, never saw that before.
Nice french made freewheel came right off the hub
I am hanging onto the front forks and stem. It might make for a cool chopper fork or springer arm.

I still can't get over how sexy this seat is. I may have to take it to work and use it as a paperweight. :D

Cool find. I had a seat just like that I got off a Columbia,but it was in poor shape.
count the teeth on that sprocket and maybe ill trade ya for anothe r cool sprocket 8)

beatcad said:
Cool find. I had a seat just like that I got off a Columbia,but it was in poor shape.
count the teeth on that sprocket and maybe ill trade ya for anothe r cool sprocket 8)

It has 48 teeth

kingfish254 said:
cut the front legs off and put swivel wheels on the back ones :mrgreen:
just joking .... Sweet seat indeed

I don't think a drift trike with a center of gravity this high would be a good idea. Great fodder for a WATCHISS video though.

Now that we switched from DST, I haven't even been able to check the seat out in the sunlight. Maybe I'll try the seat out on Flexy this weekend.

I just might give it a try.

FROM THIS:
aIMG_8009.jpg

TO THIS:
1WP_000652.jpg

I had one of those. The seat is very close to what came on spaceliners. The front sprocket is the same as the ones that came on 50s Columbia bikes. Also the metal part that is on the top of where the headset would be ( below the friction adjustment knob) is the same part as used as the top support on columbia springers.

Latest posts

Back