Combat BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here you go steve ....you can get on me now....My little walk on the Dark Side!! lolol

but it's not my bike! HAHA

this is one of the students bikes from the custom bike club at the xchool! He did not have the ability to paint the bike so I took the bike with out him knowing and am going to paint it for him :mrgreen:

I over heard that he wanted an ARMY theme....no problem

He had done alot of the sanding already :D so very little prep work was needed
IMG_2762.jpg

With the help of my son (who's in the class aswell) we gave it the olive green treatment!
IMG_2764.jpg

I still had some left over camo paints so we hit it with two other colours
IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_2794.jpg

I like how it came out ...in the sun it looks like a WWII German Tiger tank camo...not my intention but cool none the less :mrgreen:

IMG_2766.jpg

FW

I've been toying with the idea of an Army bike lately.Love the way this camo job turned out! 8)
L8 EM

Wow! That came out nice! Is that a KIT, or colors that you came up with? Those kids are lucky to have you around.

I'd love to see a "how to" as to the steps you took for that pattern. It looks great. I have an 83 Chevy Malibu Station Wagon, just begging for a Cammo paint job!
2084307_42_full.jpg

sorry Buck! Im in the middle of a big reno in the house...

to be honest I just let the can flow

Well the first thing I did was paint the bike OD green. I then select the style of pattern....IE this one was WWII .."german pazer" not for any reason, just because that was the army colours I had at the time.

Not that this is a rule or anything but I find when I lay camo I start with my light colours.

I also try and plan out my pattern before I start. That way there is flow...

I keep the can back a little farther than normal that way to alow the overspray to give soft lines between colours.

not much can be said...just do a google on all the different camo jobs out there and have fun on a few things around the house.

Just don't start painting the wifes kitchen wear! lolol

FW

Latest posts

Back