Comments on B O B's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats really too bad. Do u mean they charge too much?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Not that...I understand it costs more in a small shop than online. When I was first getting started, I needed my coaster brake serviced and took it in. Paid $20 or whatever the shop rate was. Later when I had more confidence, I opened it up for reference on another one...the bearings had never been cleaned and it was still full of old grease. Then, I needed a rim trued up, for $20 again...got it back on the bike and it was worse than it was before I took it in. I don't mean to bad mouth on here, I just wanted to clarify my statement. On the bright side, that's one of the reasons I started to do everything myself. That's when I took the leap from fixing-up bikes to building customs.

I got a high pitched "Ooowwwwww!!!" going around the block saturday night from a family party out on a front lawn down the street. He seemed pretty excited about it.

Earlier in the day, I saw them chuckling as I figured out how to get it to fit in the back of the ranger. Rear tire hanging over the end of the tail gate et al.

On the trail, a guy walked past with his family and said *That's a really cool bike! What'd u make it for?* I told him, was for something fun todo and I had always wanted a home made bike like this and had found RRB.com and it prompted me to do it. Gave him the site info and told him to check it out.
That's cool! The only people that seem to appreciate mine are the hot rod guys and the guy at the local antique shop (which I would never expect since I usually alter them). Barely anyone in my town bikes, and not many people seem to appreciate anything without 4 wheels and an engine around here. That's what makes this site so special to me.

Not that...I understand it costs more in a small shop than online. When I was first getting started, I needed my coaster brake serviced and took it in. Paid $20 or whatever the shop rate was. Later when I had more confidence, I opened it up for reference on another one...the bearings had never been cleaned and it was still full of old grease. Then, I needed a rim trued up, for $20 again...got it back on the bike and it was worse than it was before I took it in. I don't mean to bad mouth on here, I just wanted to clarify my statement. On the bright side, that's one of the reasons I started to do everything myself. That's when I took the leap from fixing-up bikes to building customs.
That's flat out shoddy work, and I'd not go there myself. I take my work very serious thats just lazy yank it apart yep got grease in it slap job

Are you kidding? They might smudge the pinstriping!

Well I could say more but ya know, I gotta keep it pc

Well I could say more but ya know, I gotta keep it pc

PC ... PC ...
Oh you mean Perverted Clown right?

Sorry couldn't resist.

My 40's rat isn't a B.O.Bike but I got
"God I hope your riding that old piece of junk to the scrap yard" last time I rode it. Hoping that's a sign it won't be likely to get stolen lol.

The best part of riding a bike for me is choosing what bike I want to ride that day. Sometimes I ride two or three in one day if I'm making a short trip to the store or local pub whatever throughout the day. So the comment I get the most is "Just how many bikes do you have anyway?!!!!"

Latest posts

Back