Computer question, pics won't load.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started having a problem with pictures not loading, all I get are red X's. This site seems to be the worst. Doesn't happen all the time either. Now it's starting to happen on some of the other sites I visit. Any suggestions on what to look at as a fix? Thanks, Dean (ps) another problem is youtube movies won't run. they start, then stop, over and over through the whole movie. This happens intermittently too, sometimes they work fine.

Rat Rod said:
Have you rebooted lately?
Yes, I just did, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This time I think it worked. I'm going back to the Ratrod 4 build off thread now, that's where it started tonight, after about an hour into surfing the web.

Loading the message above I get a failure to connect to web message, that happens on this site a lot too.

sounds like you need to do some clean up maintenance.

go to filehippo.com and download:
malware bytes
super antispyware
ccleaner

run malware and super back to back until you come up with zero threats - it will take some time, but it's worth it
then run ccleaner - do the cleaner and the registry cleaner until it gets all the mess cleaned up

and finally switch to the Firefox browser

if you've got any questions, just ask

the pics not downloading can be temporarily fixed by going Opening Internet Explorer
click on:
Tools
Internet Options
choose the Advanced Tab
and make sure the Show Pictures box is checked under Multimedia

this might fix it, but something got in there and caused the change, so i would run the programs above too

Good Luck!

Run...UBUNTU..8.5 No need to worry about any thing...Blows Windows away..Never have a problem again and get this it's free..A word of caution..it is a little trickey to run..Set it up on a little older pc and watch it fly.. :wink:

OK, I'm getting irritated. This computer is SLOW! I did this, and it's still slow. "go to filehippo.com and download:
malware bytes, super antispyware, ccleaner" I'm on Satellite Internet, that's all I can get out here in the country. It's Hughsnet. I'm not a big fan, but I'm stick with it. I don't think it's the Internet though, because it used to be fast. I can't play YouTube movies, or any movies for that matter. Picture loading on this site is real slow, and has slowed down on other sites too, but not as bad. What else can I check? Thanks, Dean

Latest posts

Back