Computer Question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am researching an old painting an antique dealer from Clarksville, TN owns. I asked the dealer to send me a digital pic of the painting but he's and old curmudgeon like myself and don't have a digital camera. :roll: So, he sends me a VHS tape of the painting! :? Now I'm trying to figure out how to capture a digital image off of a VHS tape. Is this possible? What kind of program does it take, or, where can I take it to get this done? I've only got one local computer guy, called the "Computer Doctor", but he just won a $500,000 settlement from Disney World for giving him and his wife food poisoning and went to Canada for the summer! Gary

The only way to get an image off a VHS tape is to get some sort of video capture card and hook a VCR to the computer. You can get them for around $25 online. It sort of works like a video recorder, except it records to the computer's hard drive.

Costco does it Vhs, reel to reel, 8mm, anything less than twenty bucks too...straight to dvd or digital disc.

Latest posts

Back