converti-cycle ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever heard of converti-cycle ? what is this thing ? can it be made to look cool? Thanks for any input. and if its not worthy of saving will the pedal assembly fit on my columbia playbike ?? thanks for looking thanks for any input.

DSCN0521.jpg

DSCN0498.jpg

from the looks of that frame its an early 70's lates 60's columbia girls frame ... yes the crank set should fit your columbia fine .. both very cool

i love columbias

its probly a 71 looks very much like mine before i redid it in black same chain gaurd, sprocket, and and everything else from the seat post back is the same ...

A converti-cycle is a bike that came with a top bar that could be taken off to convert it into a girls frame or leave it on for a boys frame.

I have one of those bikes sitting in my basement. The one I have is complete (other then the bar to make it a boys bike) and appears to be all original. If anyone is interested in it, and can pick it up from the greater Springfield, Ma area, then something can be arranges, as I have no kids myself. I may post pictures of it latter.

Those guys nailed it right on the head, that bike is allot like some of the older schwinn bikes. some of the old schwinn bikes had a tank that could be taken off to convert to a girls bike.

By the way, nicy playbike. I wish I had it.

Back