Cool 24

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I picked this up from Kevin "KansasRollFast", also PorkChoppd Custom Bicycles. Montgomery Wards Hawthorne, 24 inch. Frame is straight, fenders are straighter than any boys bike this age that I have ever owned! Chain guard is straight, nice wide rims, skip tooth, ND hubs front & back. I have the stem & a set of half moon bars that will fit perfectly! My plan is to fix it up for my grandson ( like he needs another bike! :lol: ), but that's what grandfathers are for right???

Would love to know approx. what year it is! Haven't had time to look for a serial # yet. Any input is appreciated! Thanks for lookin! :mrgreen:

hawthorne24.jpg

Really has some cool pinstripe lines along the frame. I hate to strip & paint it, but he has his own ideas & I just follow orders, just ask my wife! :mrgreen:

ratina said:
Its Huffman built, the serial number can be decoded so post it when you get a chance

Haven't even had a chance to look for it. Is it on the BB or dropouts? I was hoping you would chime in on this post! 8)

I love the curved fender braces also.

pick said:
ratina said:
Its Huffman built, the serial number can be decoded so post it when you get a chance

Haven't even had a chance to look for it. Is it on the BB or dropouts? I was hoping you would chime in on this post! 8)

I love the curved fender braces also.

I believe its on the BB

Couldn't stand it! Did some sanding on the BB & the only #'s I can find are "H-94" ???

That M/W crest badge was used from 1950-late 50s, so probably built in 49, sold in 50. Huffman Hawthornes are pretty rare, I've seen 3 or 4 that all had the 48-49 badge. -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
That M/W crest badge was used from 1950-late 50s, so probably built in 49, sold in 50. Huffman Hawthornes are pretty rare, I've seen 3 or 4 that all had the 48-49 badge. -Adam

Adam: Thanks for the info! 8)

Latest posts

Back