Cool Bike Helmets - Anyone have one?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I got the Bern grey bomber helmet tonight for my birthday, but unfortunately my head is the size of a small planet and the xl was too small. So the search continues...

On the bright side, rather than shipping the helmet back, my parents have graciously donated it to our prize raffle at our Cincinnati vintage ride on April 25th.

I've got a monster noggin too, so the only helmet I've bought was the standard commuter style helmet which I could try on first at a bike store. Great functional design, and it makes me feel safe but kinda dorky... and doesn't really fit the style of a rat rod bike. I've been thinking about trying my luck with of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110371554866&viewitem=

They're probably cheaply constructed, but they have some visual style and an XXL size.

here's mine,it's not done but its coming along

IMG_3775.jpg

IMG_3770.jpg

chimichanga said:
here's mine,it's not done but its coming along

IMG_3775.jpg

IMG_3770.jpg
did you make that helmet from stratch or are you just painting it i have seen some those hand painted germen helmets in a couple of 60s movies :?: :shock:

GTCOMA said:
I have have been looking at the Bern Brentwood with the Matte gray bomber design. anybody have one of these?

60b18978-ab33-4692-83a0-c85781f99049.jpg

I just got this in size XXL and satin black. It fits my 7 7/8 hat size head perfectly and I dig the visor.

Helmets? Nahhh, I'll pass. I've ridden bikes for 50yrs without them so I'm not starting now. Gary

I have seen two really nice ones. One was a satin black/no shine helmet that was a solid shell, and not so sporty like the roadie helmets. The other was the same, but brownish green. It did not shine either.

Hey! I got this at WalMart this weekend:
That's a fine lookin' helmet for a Bell! it may be just me, but Bell helmets look kinda "fruity" if ya know what I mean! :lol: I'll probably have to get a motorcycle helmet to fit my big melon head! :mrgreen: ~Adam

it may be just me, but Bell helmets look kinda "fruity" if ya know what I mean!
HEY!!! :) I was TRYING to look LESS dorky! :lol:
Maybe I should try to find one like my avatar! :idea:

Latest posts

Back