COOL BIKE TOOLS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
guy threw this in with a bike lot i got, its a fork straightener !!! the pointed parts on the top go against the BB shell and the axle fits in one of the slots on the red part. id never seen one before and thought id share :) anyone else got any cool bike tools to show off ?

100_9287.jpg

never seen that version of a fork straightener. at the shop we have the park tools version and it is a very nice peice. i use it to straighten old bent schwinn forks all the time and even (like on billetproof) to rake out the fork. my other fave tool for bikes with a deraillure is the hanger straightening tool, this sucker makes like real easy and makes me look like i actually know what i am doing :lol:

im pretty sure this thing may be older than i am too !!! it almost makes me want to wreck my bikes so i can use this thing :lol: and ill bet youve got access to some pretty cool stuff karfer

all i know is before id have to take the fork out and put it in a vise, this thing is much quicker

heres a pic of how its supposed to go on incase anyone was wondering
100_9331.jpg

y'know, i've worked in 5 shops over the years. every shop has had one, but nobody has ever remembered where the heck they came from, and i've never seen them for sale new!

They look like a handmade item using an old Bumper jack, Could have been some salesman made up a bunch at once and sold them off, Just my opinion, but even the red fork part looks too crude to be a factory made item, almost looks like a piece from staging/ladder racks

You mean my LBS can possibley straighten some forks????? Woo-Hoo, I'm calling them tomorrow. My scrambler's blades need some tweakin.

HA! It never would have occurred to me if this discussion hadn't taken place recently, but today i used one to set the chain tension on an adult trike I was tuning :idea:

Markm said:
so,....how much for your straightening services?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

you can just borrow it next time you're in colorado :)

Back