Coppertone February '64 Stingray find...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a current pic, pulled the crank to swap the sprocket last weekend as I had forgotten about a lucky 7 sprocket I had sitting on a parts bike🤦‍♂️. Once I was in there, found that the crank was incorrect so I just stopped until I can pick up a correct crank.
20221016_152048.jpg
20221016_193851.jpg

Question on originality:
How do you find out how a bike should of come from the factory?
I have a 66 deluxe copper color that I would like to restore stock & would like to know what I am aiming for

@ Vince.. Year to year there are very subtle differences, for example 66 had the deep tufted seat and 67 had the silver mylar stripes on the seats. I like to be very close to original but that said I don't worry too much about what other people are going to think because it's my bike. Remember that back in the day someone could have bought a brand new bike off the showroom floor and then requested upgrades or accessories that could have been from different years or models, and bike shops had plenty of replacement parts back then. Here are two original 66 Stingray's, a fender-less 3 speed deluxe and the deluxe with fenders and white grips is mine. This is good reference for you since both bikes are all original. I ran into the guy with the 3 speed at the LBC swapmeet.

Attachments

• Two Stingrays.jpeg
    Two Stingrays.jpeg
    286.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back