Country Rat AMF my 5/13 update

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I decided to keep the OG paint after rust removal and then clear coated it. Red painted 1957 Monark Kommet coaster brake rims were added with black primered bobbed rear rack. This is low budget for sure, have'nt spent a penny on this build yet. Stay tuned! :wink:
RRBO4006.jpg

Fork is funktional after a little tweaking, front legs were borrowed from an old time garden walk plow. Country Rat, because of the borrowed plow wheel brackets, will be a rotten produce themed bicycle. Small antique wood box will be lettered and mounted to the rear rack. A nice selection of 1960's plastic veggies will fill-up the box. The Rat is 95% complete and is looking f-i-n-e 8)

I work on a whim usually, I'm not a step-by-step photo archive kind of guy. In your face progress shots will have to do!
RRBO4011.jpg

I still need to sign paint the sides of the box, I'm thinking the words Rott-N Produce or Charlies Produce. My Grandpa Charlie had a produce stand for years. Plastic 1960's veggies that wouldn't sell on eBay have found a meaning.

i love the bike. may i make a suggestion and try some ape hanger bars? i think it would off set how low the front end looks and balance out the crate in the back. just an opinion feel free to tell me to take a hike :mrgreen:

RRBO4010.jpg

I might use the old funnel & tin can as a headlight/battery combo. I'm trying not to be a gadget guru with this build but I can't stop. Wait until you see my tomato bell 8)

The BMX flipped bars actually double as an added brace for the existing spring brace which is a truss rod collar bracketed to the spring. The crossbar on the BMX bars are also bolted to the spring bracket.

Back